How much BHP can it take?

ok been looking at maybe getting a few mods for me engine, so it goes as good as it looks lol, but how much can the rest of the car take?

say like if i got a 1.3 or even a 1.0 engine to put into my car which had been modded up and had like 50 60 BHP more than standard would the rest for the car be able to take it? if not what would i have to change?

many thanks

Grant

could take 2000bhp if it only has 1lb/ft of torque ;)

You think a 1.3 or 1.0 is gonna over do it? Look at the 2.0L k11's lol, with not much chassis strengthening

1.3 K11 shafts have proved to take around 200bhp. Clearly things wont last as long but they dont break immediately!

i spose it all depends on how you drive a?

ok what about a 1.0l or are they the same? also what about gear box?

thanks

1.0 gearbox of early K11 is poor. Its like a K10 box. Get all 1.3 stuff its alot better, stronger clutches etc. Or even better but a bit too different perhaps the later 1.4K11 boxes/shafts. Those are nice too.

but ud get a lot of wheel spin right? was reading some of the 2.0l comments... cant rememb who but they said... even with 4 people in the car there was a lot of wheel spin... hmmm

all 1.3 stuff with a 1.0l engine tho because i already have a low mileage engine sitting in me garden waiting to go in. mine is a 98 so isnt really that old.

Back