How much more to lower

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Heres a pic of my car standard and one of it lowered 40mm on 14''s with 185/50/14 tyres. Im not happy with it as it doesnt look low enough. what do you guys think ? Also how much should i go.... 60 max without scrubbing maybe. I tried contacting powercoil but they dont reply. So may be just spings instead of coilovers. Help save some money for other mods. Any way let us know your thoughts or ideas.

Before
m1.jpg

After
m2.jpg

will take a few days for them to settle mate so i would give it a few days and see how they are then..personally i think the front looks low enough but the back could prob do with a bit more but does look low..

i cant believe how low mine is on the springs i got. people say they 50mm ppl say 60mm i think 70mm.

Anyway its just above the tyre with nobody in back but when u got someone in back wheel is in arch. Two people in back then your looking at less than a bottle of coke space.

my springs are 40mm cobra on 14''s with 185/50/14's. I dont go 15''s cause i posted before and 14''s with them tyres help me keep performance close to the origiona tyres on a 1.0l. And its done about 800 miles now on that pic so i dont think it will lower anymore. If i put 15''s on it will look lower but the car will be slower, so im sticking with 14''s. Just wondering about a 60mm drop. if anyone has 14''s with 185/50/14,s lower than 40mm could they throw up a pic please. Maybe im too fussy but i know what im after. Thanks for all the comments people

you want to keep performance yet you keep trying to make it look good? and 185 tyres on a 14 rim on a 1.0l =/

Mine is lowered on 14" wheels

Attachments

• DSC00102.JPG
    DSC00102.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 212
fraz_micra_88 said:
get loads of fat friends and get them in the car all the time lol, but i think it looks fine mate, what about 15s??

i done that when i went to get my wheels from trung, i had the 4 wheels and one of my pals (weighs about 17st) in the back, it looked great, well low rofl

my origional tyres were 165 / 70 / 13 = 561mm
new 14''s are 185 / 50 / 14 = 541mm

it does'nt seem to have lost power. Nothing wrong with wanting both style and performance if possible

heres the site i used to work out the tyre diffs, and also in other post's this is why i chose these, but back to springs............
http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

hughes_16v said:
Andy_S said:
i cant believe how low mine is on the springs i got. people say they 50mm ppl say 60mm i think 70mm.

And some people KNOW that there 35mm that have been sliced and diced with an angle grinder.

you have chopped lowering springs? thats not good :S

anto- thats probably what it'll stay like height wise, thats what mine dropped to with 35mm springs. you could always try finding the hks springs, 40-50 drop at the front and 50-60 at the rear.

powercoil made a group of 60-70 springs for a group buy a while back but they messed everyone around, wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored any micra questions now...

if you want really low then coilovers are the way to go.

i think they look fine. striking the balance for looks and just in case you have passengers who might make your wheels scrap!

Mine is lowered 35mm, but I really do want to go lower....its just not low enough....especially at the front.

So I'll keep an eye on this thread!!!

no idea where the hks ones were from, i've only seen a few sets and they were 2nd hand in the buy and sell sections of mh and here over the years. they might not even make them any more.

Well i just have to wait and keep searching. Gonna get the skirt kit off ebay. the guy who sells them is only 20mins away from me. get my decat soon aswell. im sure springs will show up some time. I was told i could cut the back ones to lower them but theres no way im going to do that.

lol just put 13's on it :) then it will sit lower

if ur going to go 60mm, then u might aswel just buy coilovers

Dr Zoidberg said:
you have chopped lowering springs? thats not good :S

anto- thats probably what it'll stay like height wise, thats what mine dropped to with 35mm springs.

And now mine has. :D

I am looking to go slightly lower though.

rumour started by one person. Ive asked Kristian many many times and hes said they aint cut and if i want to swap for my 35mm springs i gave him then i can.

Whoever started it it doesn't matter, simply drop the rear axle and pop the spring out and look, take a photo of the ends and we'll be able to tell, either way this'll end this argument.

Back