How much is my Micra worth...

CMF_mallen

» CMF Member
Hello Good People,

I will be selling my 95 Micra soon as I need a ute for work. Now I have no Idea what it's worth. It's mechanically in great condition but aesthetically it's not :)

There is a dint in the front right guard which has split the bumper. Also the handle for the latch has broken off. Besides that the paint (which is the aqua green/blue colour) has faded a bit and on the rear left panel it's been primed but not painted (as there was a dent there that has been fixed.

The interior is not bad however, a few scratches in the doors but nothing major. Everything still works including the a/c.

The car has done around 220,000Km's and has had a fuel pump changed recently as well as a service.

The car itself has no real modifications, aftermarket cd player is all.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
I'll give you my perspective on it:

I've also got a 1995 Micra LX, had 180 000kms on it when I bought it. The exterior is a bit rough, paint fade down one side, dent on the roof, and on one of the rear wheel arches, and a little rust.

Motor runs alright though, and interior had a broken glovebox latch ( which I have replaced).

The owner was asking $2000, I ended up buying it for $1400.

Yours has got AC, and sounds like it's a little better off inside than mine. If I were you I'd be asking probably $2500 ono. You might get lucky, but I'd imagine someone looking at the car would end up offering maybe $1800. Depends really.

CMF_waz

» CMF Member
depends on the person i just brought a 95 lx 2 door with aircon excellent interior good paint job with 285,000 kays for $450 and its registed for 2 more months also has a tow ball the bloke had a trailer for it but sold it before i could get there but with the price of fuel prices are realy good with small cars i still see micras in average condition are still pulling $2500 and upwards what about keeping it n putting roof racks and a trailer on it did it with my first micra it was suprising how much weight they can pull im a builder and could fit everything i needed in the micra once had 450kg of concrete in the boot and no problems at all even suprised the boss who was constantly taking the piss out of me for driving a little girls

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
i would not sell any of these cars for under 2k!
small cars are flying off the shelf like hotcakes. wheni was looking for one at the start of the year if i didn't put a deposit on it when i saw it...it was gone within days.

you can go out and pay 2.5k - 4k for a corolla 1990 model or the same price for a 1998 proton satria. that's 8 years difference for the same price......and doesn't matter how many km are on it.

cars drop in price to a point where they 'shouldn't' lose any more money.

1.3ltr mid 90's car in 80% good condition is 'worth' 2k minimum.

CMF_mallen

» CMF Member
I was thinking of putting a tow bar on it but I'm a fencer so I need to carry some long rails...

So you think given it's in average condition I could advertise it for $1700 and accept $1500?

Back