How much difference is there between the 1.0 and 1.3?

So far, I've been limiting my search to finding a semi-decent, cheap, 1.3. But, alas, finding one is proving tricky - so I'm thiking if nothing's turned up by pay day, to have a look at some 1.0s? I'm not expecting rocketship performance, but is it worhth olding out for a 1.3? Running costs are pretty similar regarding insurance etc... and either will be a little bit better on fuel than my two-tonne barge...

Main difference is about 0.3 ltrs lol, you will notice a difference in performance between 1.0 and 1.3 I've had both and I'd say hold out for a 1.3 one will turn up.

ive drove both, and i can say the 1.3 is alot quicker. its a really noticeable diffreance aswell.

my mate has a 1.0 with the same mods as mine (exhaust and filter and 15" wheels) theres along straight road near mine its national speed limit... theres a massive tree, in a 1.3 you can hit 60 no problem, in a 1.0 your struggeling to hit 50... also the 1.0 was struggling to pull up a hill that leads out of the village where i live, the 1.3 just flys up it asif its not there lol.

theres a couple on the autotrader not to far away from ya 1.3 low mileage

Had a look at the green one, IMO the "repaired sills" were nowhere near a good enough standard to pass another MOT.
I'm waiting for a call back regarding another, it's getting some repairs done to it now, apparently.

I've not yet had a look at any private sales, if I were to bribe you with beer tokens and Maltesers, would you be willing to come and have a look at one with me? I know I'm a cheeky git, but shy bairns get nowt and all that... :)

Looking like it's going to go well over budget :)

awell its very worth it, thats the sort of price you would look at paying for a gd mint one :p although my best one so far cost me £50, sailed through an mot aswell and was very quick for being n/a

the 1.3 is worth every penny.. even in "between speed bump 0-20mph" sprints with my matey's 1.0 mine was miles ahead.

and stani??? have you turbo'd your car?

watched youtube and was one there....

what ecu are you running? what compression etc.

pm me please (just got daveys kit and need advise)

Had a look at the green one, IMO the "repaired sills" were nowhere near a good enough standard to pass another MOT.
I'm waiting for a call back regarding another, it's getting some repairs done to it now, apparently.

I've not yet had a look at any private sales, if I were to bribe you with beer tokens and Maltesers, would you be willing to come and have a look at one with me? I know I'm a cheeky git, but shy bairns get nowt and all that... :)

theres a white lx on there £550 ono 67000 miles no mention of tax or mot though .............and ye i could have a look at some with ya, that aint a problem .............. long as they aint to far away then ye. be able to see my shed then worry about shagged sills :p

Back