How many miles ....

i would say it would depend on your driving style and if you had owned it from new. some of the k11 lads should be able to determine whether you actually need a replacement though.
Good Luck! (Y)

Tks SED5000.
There were two prev owners.
This K11 has done 57,000 mls.
normally you can check to find out if you need a new clutch im sure someone will answer with more info in a bit *cough cough* where are all the k11 boys/men!

i dont think its to do with miles tbh as Baz said its more to do with driveing style, you will know if the clutch is on its way out as its slips and the engine revs more than it pulls.

a quick way to check is to put the hand brake on select 3rd and let the clutch out....it should stall and give a good jerk

mate the way to check if your clutch has gone is by leaving the handbrake on and put it in 1st or 2nd gear (not sure wich) and lift the clutch. if it stalls the clutch is fine. if it doesnt then the clutch is slipping and means its worn................... im sure this is one of the ways of testing but make sure first. cheek the net i could be wrong. by the way handbrake has to work well to be a good test.

i tested my old micra like this and it didnt stall so i replaced with a mate and it was worn ohh n yeah i just noticed the reply above so i could be right lol

thats basicly what ive just said??? and evryone i know and so forth use 3rd? not shure if there is much differance.

oh and as said please for the love of god make shure the handbrake is in top form or do it away from anything, i forgot the handbrake on my almera wasnt 100% and i bumped the garage wall :( i felt like a right t i t

I have detected a clutch slip a few days ago.
Going uphill in second gear and trying to accelerate.
There was judder.

If I appear to be kken to change the clutch... I am hoping with a changed clutch,
that it will also improve the driving and the way the car pulls in diff gears.

57000 miles 2 previous owners - watch out if you letting it shudder do that test the peoples mentioned above thats agood indicator of clutch condition always check your not leaking gear oil too

Alright chaps! I did the clutch test - and bit of good news.
Clutch seems ok.
Thanks all. Was wor..r..r..ied then that I might have to have the clutch replaced.

(Y) just see if it doest it agen micrafun, the juddering could of been the wheels gripping on the road after sliping one some ice mabey?

Back