How many coils off STD springs. Opinions and pics please

I think I'm going to chop my springs. :D I've seen and heard to many orgers suggest this and I've caught the bug.

So how many coils cos i only want to cut and fit once if poss.

Can you tell me how many you did with some pics of how low. I'm looking for a day to day low by the way.

Also wil preface lift springs for my facelift? It's a 98.

Cheers guys.

here,s a matiz rear along side a k11 front scott, which gives about 10mm of preload
rears will cease to be captive if you cut any more than about 1 coil off tho :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0416.JPG
    DSCF0416.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 199
forgive my newness i come from a motorcycle background!

What's matiz?

So am I right in thinking I can only really take one coil off the rear only Droping it 10mm?
The rear doesn't need as much as the front tho does it?

forgive my newness i come from a motorcycle background!

What's matiz?

So am I right in thinking I can only really take one coil off the rear only Droping it 10mm?
The rear doesn't need as much as the front tho does it?

daewoo matiz scott :) they drop the car about 50mm front and rear, but there is very little preload on the rear shocks, and the springs wont be captive when jacked up (unless you fit progressive rate springs or shorter shocks)

ooo haha. I feel stupid now lol.

So are matiz springs a better idea than cutting original ones? Is the fact that cut originals or matiz ones not being captive when jacked up a problem?

cheers

ooo haha. I feel stupid now lol.

So are matiz springs a better idea than cutting original ones? Is the fact that cut originals or matiz ones not being captive when jacked up a problem?
cheers
a cut spring will have a "tail" on the end which wont fit the perch properly, where-as a shorter alternative spring like the matiz and some suzuki rears will have the better fitting flatter ends

Cheers frank. sounds similar to the bike springs with a flatter end to fit into the shock.

Looks likes matiz springs are a simlar price to micra ones, i am planning on getting different set of springs so i can always go back to std if any thing goes wrong.

Cheers for the advice frank.

Any more pictures would be cool,

Back