How does the automatic transmission act with the engine

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
How does the nissan auto transmission RN3F01A interact with the engine? Slowly my engine is running better in gear though really slowly I actually managed to drive the car today "cheers" The revs kept dropping off though still had to pump the accelerator to bring them back. Interestingly the car ran better with the box under the seat unplugged than plugged in does this mean it is stuffed?

"This is the part where someone jumps in saying It's your carb" as some passer by said it's the gearbox I thought "Bleeep bleep bleep that's expensive"

hissyfizzy

i doubt if the g/box interacts at all, and i would say a drop in revs when you select drive is normal

Auto

I would expect some drop in idle speed when dropped in any drive gear but not as much as im getting. Will keep trying though if it's a blocked jet/breather it may clear itself

Going to say for definate that the Carb has failed or is blocked in some way not going to rebuild it as I've located an auto carb for £55 delivered

sit ur car on idle out of gear with the box plugged in, open the boot, and disconnect the rear window heater, by pulling off one of the connectors that is attached to the glass.

now turn on the rear window heater (little button near heater controls).

if the engine revs pick up the box is fine if not then the box may be faulty.

The carb does have autochoke doesn't seem to be switching on as it did when i first got the pig

Will check the box tomorrow, although when i turn the lights on the idle doesn't pick up it slows down but always has

K10 chokes are semi automatic, not fully automatic (i.e. you have to press the accelerator when you first start the car)

More often than not the reason for the revs not raising when the lights etc are put on is the valve on the carb sticks. There is pratically nothign to go wrong in that box under the seats, its just a bunch of diodes.

Tomorrow I will run the tests if the same happens I will take the box appart and see what the diodes are then speak to an electronics expert I know then get a replacement rebuilt

I assume to check the choke I need to remove the cover and spray the element with WD40 or similar, if I am wrong let me know

Tomorrow I will run the tests if the same happens I will take the box appart and see what the diodes are then speak to an electronics expert I know then get a replacement rebuilt

That seems pretty pointless to me. If you ever needed a replacement anyway, then get one from a scrappy. Its far easier to replace the carb which would probably fix most problems

There are no K10's in any scrapyard near me I've checked. If the carb doesn't fix the problem though according to one of our mechanics it is more than likely going to

less the gearbox is dead

or just borrow the box from another member who either isn't using the car currently of lives close to you?? Then you can diagnose it easier.

And MORE TO THE POINT (I feel like I'm repeating myself) it WONT cause any running issues, it operates an AIR bleed-bypass within the carb, has nothing to do with fuel. Its a passive device with no intelligence at all.

Back