How do you know when your KONI's are stuffed? :P

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Hi all, awhile back i overheated my front konis on a downhill spirited drive, front of the car turned to jelly/sloppy dangerous steering/driving. Well since then the front suspension has never been the same. Guessing the oil boiled/overheated.

I can adjust them via their tops, but i can't seem to notice any difference between soft and hard. I know how to adjust them properly and have never overadjusted them. When going over speedbumps now the front is starting to rebound like it did with the stuffed factory shocks, the rear is great though.

Everyone keeps telling me Koni's are rebuildable. Yeah well, how does that work? Do it take them somewhere, can it be done DIY, how much should i expect to pay, ect...i can't seem to ind out anything more than, yeh mate, their rebuildable :p. Think they are just short of 12mths old, done around 30'000KM, bought from WhiteLine.

Cheers,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow, yeah that's really surprising.. I wonder if they might have been faulty or something? You'd think with specific performance products like that, they are designed for "spirited driving".

Really bizarre, wondering if something might have been faulty with them mate?? Interesting though.. Let us know how you go.

First step I would say is to ring Whiteline and describe what happened to them. They may know its a common thing/fault or something..

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
not sure about the oil toma, i never had a leak under the car? if thats what you meant. Pretty sure the shocks i got were returns though, box was all ratty, shocks had some minor cosmetic marks. Was kinda annoyed about that, but they worked fine once installed and for a good 20'000KM 8mths or so,

yeh it was pretty spirited driving, never gone done that route that fast since, esp without whiteline swaybars.

Alex

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Im thinking that day of hard driving might have popped something? You wouldnt get leaking, you'd get 1 massive gush. Best to get em checked :) Im getting a brake and clutch test Monday. I think my clutch is nearly pushing up daisies.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
hmmm, they did sort of let go all of the sudden,

Alex

Attachments

• 17276.jpg
    17276.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 47

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
okay, i thought i had the shocks set at 100%, they were 60% though. So i set them too 100% (1 Full Turn) yesterday, so far so good, no excessive bouncing from the front. This happened last time i set them too 60% > problem went away, but few days later they seemed to be the same. Will see how i go @ 100%,

Alex

Back