How do you change a Rear Light

D

dazsafc

As title says. I have a K11 Nissan Micra on an M Reg. Now the o/s rear lens is cracked so I thought I will buy one off Ebay.
I have won the auction but reliased it looks different to mine.
Could be the fact that I have only purchased a lens.
So Can the Lens just be changed or Do you have to change the Light Cluster as well.

Here is the one I bought .. Is the other one With the Light Cluster any different.

I bought (not yet payed).........PS Seems as thought they got the Right and left mixed up .. Has had my head in bits.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4614605244&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

One with the Cluster

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4615017335&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Are they Both the Same. Just the First looks so different. I have been walking in and out the house looking at my car scratching my head wondering if I getting the right one . Thanks Darren

yeah you got the right one, have never heard of just the lens being changed but to get the whole light out you undo 3 bolts on the back of the light and you have to pry the light of as they are stuck on with tacky black glue type stuff (yeah that is the technical term)

59 Its The first One I won the auction on. Is that the one iyou meant is the correct one. I didnt go for the second one. I they both the right ones anyhow

Does that first one look light the Lens only or Can you see the big cluster on the back.
Just I cannot see to see the plastic of CLuster. Is it me, its just that it deffinately does not look like the one in the second photo. Or do you think they are both exatly the same

Thats the full light mate. Unbolt old one and prise it off like mentioned and bolt new one on. Should be easy and also as stated the rear lense is not a seperate part, its attached to the whole thing.

You can see from the photo that it has the reflectors inside and they are attached to the main plastics of the cluster.

Simon.

Thanks I have now sent him the Money. Hope he doesnt Send me the wrong one on purpose. He had the Drivers Side ( o/s) without the reverse lense advertised as the Passenger side and visa virsa. Have made it clear which one I want.

I will let you know how I get on .
Thanks ...Great Forum this isnt it.

Back