Quick question RE: Spark plug socket size

i dont think it will mate. as a lot of jap cars including micras have the sparks really deep into engine

i got a long extention thing to get mine out

That will be fine for taking out the spark plugs. Can't remember the correct size and i'm to hungover to go out and look - but i know that will be fine :)

Right, well that is a 14mm socket so not sure if it will fit. Would it be better getting an extension of some sort as i have a ratchet set already, how much is one of these fetching including various spark plug socket sizes. Would be a good investment i think for the future :)

I had one of those for my K10.. worked fine apart from next to one of the plugs, there's an odd shaped bolt you cant get the wrench over.... the best bet would be a socket set extension if you've got a set already - as i dont know if the K11 has a similar issue

I bought a 3/8 socket set from Hellfords (Stanley I think) with a "10mm spark plug socket" that's perfect with the long extension. I'm at a loss to think why it's called a 10mm socket as it's cartainly bigger than that across the flats.

the spark plug is 16mm. you can get a spark plug socket from a good motor factors to fit your socket set they arn't much, mabe a fiver?

silver_si said:
the spark plug is 16mm. you can get a spark plug socket from a good motor factors to fit your socket set they arn't much, mabe a fiver?
Yes its 16mm socket plus extension (DO NOT overtighten the plugs you can strip the threads on these heads easy as they are only alloy, put them hand tight with your socket + extension then using a ratchet tighten a further half a turn to two thirds but NO MORE!) it should tell you this on your plug box but I thought I'd do my dad bit lol.:wasntme:

I Hope this helps

Yorkie

Yes its 16mm socket plus extension (DO NOT overtighten the plugs you can strip the threads on these heads easy as they are only alloy, put them hand tight with your socket + extension then using a ratchet tighten a further half a turn to two thirds but NO MORE!) it should tell you this on your plug box but I thought I'd do my dad bit lol.:wasntme:

I Hope this helps

Yorkie

revivng an old thread here. But I want to know if the 16mm socket will also work on the 2001 1.4 SE micra too.
I found this on Amazon so was thinking if it will do the trick
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1301924489&sr=8-3

31ThDb0I6nL._SS500_.jpg

Back