Hopefully get a K11, few questions

I've seen 2 K11's I'm pretty content on getting

1) £325, £500 with 12month MOT - needs new CV joint (that will surely be needed for the MOT right?) 110k miles, has some signs it was a boy racer's car with some tacky (but hopefully removeable stickers). Condition is outstanding - V reg

2) £600 with a longish MOT 88k miles, know the owner through work, X reg with power steering, other week she said she wasn't selling it as it needed repairs, looking at the listing they seem to have been done (alternator/new exhaust) Has a largeish dent on one side (can personally view this tomorrow as I work down the road).

Reason I'm getting a car is for commuting next Uni year, roughly 200 miles a week on mostly town/50mph roads. All signs seem to point towards a K11.

21 years old and 4 years no claims and can get the insurance down to £650 roughly on both with Churchill multi-car.

Gears:

I had a go in a shocker of a specimen the other day, rattling, screeching in reverse and revvy, what speeds should I be going per gear? I'm only used to my parent's Yaris which could do 25mph in 4th.

Thanks for your help!

I may sell mine as I'm interested in a 3 door so I can get a arch kit !
5 door
82000 Ish miles mot & tax till August
Red
1.3 slx
K reg
Very very good condition for its age
May sell with or without wheel as I have the steel wheels and trims
I'm not sure what its worth
But I can't sell till I find a 3 door

Oops, sorry about the terrible title, look like a right idiot! And cool, the 2nd one does look quite good, really wanting to pick one of them up on Monday but realized the dealer may not be open. Thanks for the help so far. Looks good Salzam, hope you manage to find something!

I do about 500 miles a week in my R reg 1.0L K11, most of it on the motorway and around the 55-60 (ish) MPH. I'm returning about 45MPG. This information might be of no use but it does show that the Micra is not a bad choice of motor.

Awesome, looking at some low end ones in Cleckheaton tomorrow! Both the ones I mentioned in the op sold quickly, there's definitely no shortage of them!

Finally bought one today! Getting a good conditioned blue Celebration, £700 with MOT and a new exhaust. Tiniest bit of rust on the wheel arch on the offside but they're going to look for a similar one up the road at the scrappy. This will be my first car, dead chuffed I didn't go with a Polo, the only way I can describe it is 'punchy' and really fun to drive. Would put my photo up, but the guy removed the sale from the site by the time I got home! It came with a cheap CD/aux/usb player so the £30 I've saved there will probably go towards the new wing. Got insurance down to about £68 a month with Churchill which I think is pretty low as a 21 year old only being a named drive beforehand, whacked my mum on the policy as well, knocking £50 off.

Picking up on Wednesday but won't be able to drive until Saturday at least if my insurance documents don't come through.

Been meaning to ask as I forgot to check today, will this model (celebration 1.0 W reg) come with a 12v socket or will it be a 5 minute trip to the scrap yard? I don't especially need it but it'd be helpful I guess.

Back