Hole in side wall =[

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Hey

I have a hole in the side wall of my tyre =[

And i was trying to let my tyres run down so i could replace them all with low profiles, but it loks like im doing it now!

I was just wondering what low profiles people would recommend, i want to put 35mm's on my car in the future, and I have 13" alloys at the moment.

What kind of price am I looking at?

Cheers

Lucy

Hey

I have a hole in the side wall of my tyre =[

And i was trying to let my tyres run down so i could replace them all with low profiles, but it loks like im doing it now!

I was just wondering what low profiles people would recommend, i want to put 35mm's on my car in the future, and I have 13" alloys at the moment.

What kind of price am I looking at?

Cheers

Lucy

the profile is a percentage of the rim size, so i am pretty sure that you wont get 35mm on a 13" its far to small. the point of the tyre is to protect the rim by taking out some of the shock of the road, with those profile you will buckle the rims on potholes.

i have 15" rims with 45mm profile which is the smallest i can get, the wheels look tiny, so remember it might make your car look like it is on roller skate wheels.

i paid £200 for all new tyres for my super s alloys, they were budget tyres and were a bit big for the wheels so there is alot of tyre on the road.

if you want 35mm profile you will probably have to get 17" rims,

i would recommend buying new wheels that come with tyres, thats what i usually end up doing, £400ish for brand new rims with brand new tyres,

lucy

i,ve got 165/55/13 nankang,s on mine, which i highly recommend
they were about £30 (self fit from a warehouse)
i think the lowest 13,s are 175/50/,s

Sorry, my bad typing, i ment that I want to put 35mm springs on it =]

is it pointless getting low profiles then, do you think I should just stick to the normal ones?

Cheers i'll investigate them Frank

Sorry, my bad typing, i ment that I want to put 35mm springs on it =]

is it pointless getting low profiles then, do you think I should just stick to the normal ones?

Cheers i'll investigate them Frank

yea stick on normal ones, low pros are for looks really and all it will do is make your wheels look tiny, and they will make the ride bumpy.

if you put 35mm springs with 13" rims you will be fine

i have 175 60 13's on mine, nankangs like franks, mine were £35 fitted and ballanced, the lowest i have seen is 175 50 13, as i think frank also said, im not sure if there are lower profiles than that, but i could only get that size in a ''performance'' tyre and they jumped from £35 a corner to about £65-70 a corner so i took the decision and stuck with the 175 60 13

Back