Hola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterBaz

Ex. Club Member
Hi, my names Baz, I have just gotten a new job and needed a cheap car to get me to and from work until I had enough money to buy a better one.

So I bought a '92 K10 1.0 'Super' on Friday with 61,000 miles on the clock for twenty quid, it looked horrific, had no oil in the sump and I don't think it had ever been cleaned and it had a 40 cm rust hole on the o/s wing. However the very next day it passed it's MOT once I'd bogged up the hole with some fibre glass, and now I'm just fixing her up, to make her look a bit more presentable. The paint work has come up well, and I bought a new boot carpet, window winders and parcel shelf from a scrap yard for an outrageous £4. I have resprayed the windscreen wipers so that they are black again (which by the way involved much swearing and shouting and kicking of the wiper arms that just refused to come off for about an hour), and have spent 4 hours today scrubbing some unknown sticky mess which was all over the dashboard. I have also cleaned up some of the engine bay...it turns out that it DOES have an engine under all that dirt. I have already given it an oil and filter change, but am giving it another one this weekend as the little oil that WAS in the engine was really thick and dirty and stuck to the engine like glue so it didn't drain out when I drained the sump (despite it being left to drain over night) and it has made my nice new expensive golden oil go black immediately. Also going to change the plugs, air filter, change gearbox oil, timing belt and brake pads on Saturday. So with any luck it will have gone from being destined to the scrap yard to being a fully operational road warrior in a matter of 7 days whilst spending very very little money on it. :)

I won't be racing it, so I'm probably not the most welcome member of the micra sports club. But I do have another Nissan which is undergoing major work with the intention of racing that. I have joined up here to try and learn a bit more about my little K10 basically.

Baz

hey and all that.

K10 is a fantastic little car, dont make her look like a mink! not bad for £20 though!

dont worry about racing, its not allowed ;)

try looking through the K10 forum, search bar at the top if you need it :)

Layla

Welcome :) And it doen't matter what you do with your car, as long as it's a micra your as welcome as everyone else!!

You sound like you have it all worked out so far. Don't forget to load up some piccys for us to see. And good luck with the next oil change lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back