Hissing noise when clutch pedal pressed

Step daughter noticed Hissing noise coming from inside when clutch pedal is pressed.. its a 1.5dci 53 plate Micra K12 about 119k on the clock

yesterday it did it constantly on all journeys.

before release bearing is mentioned...even with the engine off it made the noise

Today did it once then OK for the rest of an hours journey across the city gear changes not affected

With this i am assuming the car is fitted with an Hydraulic Clutch is this air in the system or is the clutch adjusting itself? or even worse have the seals gone..

Anyone come across this problem ? also where is the master cylinder for the clutch or is it shared with the brakes?

Any info on this would be great

Hi there Frank. The mystery continues as the noise has decided to stop! only happens intermittently and very faint when it does! Step daughter to record on her phone it it reappears!. One thing i maybe am concerned about, is the gearbox in the future. I noticed its leaking am i right in thinking they are "sealed units" and need swapping out once all the oil disappears?

Hissing noise, you say?

Hmmm...

Snakes.jpg

Well that's all good if it is a Renault box i can top it up then and hopefully trace the leak !... there again on past performance with Renault and their gearbox's it probably wouldn't last even full of oil anyway!

Back