High reving

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Completed the rewire of engine bay in the si started the engine no problem but its a tad high on the revs ive adjusted the throttle cable so that option is out, is there any other adjustments i can alter to bring it down a little, engine ran perfect before it was removed and stood for 3 months....

ken

it takes a while for the thermowax fast idle to fill properly with coolant, mine was,nt working till the next day

you can alter the idle control valve on the back left of the throttlebody its an alan key thing on the corner. you can adjust that.

so best to leave it for a while no problem plenty of other stuff to finish on it so its not a major worry at the moment thanx for reply,s though

pete

i believe the tickover is adjusted by the bumpstop screw on the throttle quadrant
haynes claims the black plastic screw is for tickover, but when i stripped my t/b it proved to be an airbleed, with a hole above the butterfly, exciting at the bottom of the t/b, and when i screwed it out the a/f/r meter showed lean (and the revs lifted) and screwed in went rich

Back