HID Conversion

CMF_AwakeN

» CMF Member
Hi all, I thought some of you guys might be interested in this. Picked up a HID conversion kit from jaycar for $149 for hi/lo beam ($99 for single beam).
Took about 10 mins to install

Attachments

• 69334.jpg
    69334.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Jon WROTE:

"Hope you enjoy getting high beamed.

That is all...

Hence why the mod is highly illegal in many countries now, and in theory you can get a ticket for it here anyway, read the fine print on most kits, most state it's not a street road legal mod, I know of at least one person who got a $200+ fine for their kit...

Got to say I'm disappointed in a company like Jaycar offering things like this now...

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
not much difference between this and the hid kits in all the new euro cars, even if they are "self levelling" i still get beamed in the eyes by all the new beamers and accord euros just to name a few so meh bit of payback i guess.

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
the new euro cars have HIDs but they have projector headlights which stop it from shining straight into oncoming traffic.
HIDs are illegal unless the car is fitted with projector headlights as far as i know.

ps. that platiumvisual dude just sells all is used **** lol..

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
He is definitely just a reseller hence the two week postage wait (from china or taiwan) but my stuff was definitely brand new.

And my r32 had projector headlights, didn't make them any more legal. I can't remember what the law is (something about the headlights needing to be auto levelling) ill have a look at the ADR' s on vicroads when I'm back on a comp (on my phone)

CMF_FairladyZ

» CMF Member
Yeah, sorry to say, but these are definitely illegal.

You could probably get away with it if you retrofitted a projector housing into your lamp, but as it is now you are pretty much asking for a fine :(

Adam

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
A bit off topic but lighting does not seem to get inforced much if at all. Look at all the inconsiderate types that drive with four lights on all the time even when dipped. That's also illegal but so many people do it.
I flash my bottom lights at them, only one driver ever turned his bottom ones off, rest don't care/too stupid.

Back