gearbox conversion cvt to 5 seed manual

CMF_mangster

» CMF Member
Hi CMFers - new to the delights of micra and am sold! I have been offered a manual conversion for $1100 - does that sound about right? Saw a post that said 585 for the gearbox was thought to be a lot - wish I was in NZ. As I have stuffed many mechanical jobs before - eg. timing chain on a magna - disaster time wise - I want to get this done by a mechanic in Gold Coast/Brisbane - can anyone recommend someone - I have seen that Jim from Racing Clutches is recommended but does he do the full conversion or just clutches?
Cam

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Cam,

That price sounds reasonable to me if it includes all parts and labour. This conversion will require a fair bit of work and quite a few alternative parts. I think the last gearbox someone sourced from a wrecker was about $400-450

I am afraid I am unable to point you in the direction of a good mechanical workshop... I have been lucky enough not to have needed one yet !. Hopefully someone else will be able to recommend someone.

Jim and the guys at "Raceclutches" only sell and recondition clutch parts, they don't actually install them.

Hope your car is back on the road soon !.

CMF_mangster

» CMF Member
Thanks Makes,
the price was for box, gear change mechanism, clutch & brake pedals, clutch/flywheel - not labour.

what gearbox should I look for - have seen that the RS5F31 box, is what some are going for - is that ex Pulsar?

I'll keep looking.
Cam

Back