Hi

E

EVOGT

Hi guys.I thought I would nip on here to ask for some advice in buying a SR1300.
The car will be for the Mrs.Is there anything in particular I need to check on them?Is £1200 for a P plate with 93 thou on it a good price or is it to much?

I am a member of the primera owners club and some of you may of seen my old modded P11 GT.I want to stay with Nissans so I thought a micra would be a good little motor for her.

Many thanks.
Andy.

Hi,

The micra would be a great car. I have the 1.3 SR and have had no problems with it as of yet, touchwood. Its fast and reliable. I got mine for under £1k on a 97P with 70,000 miles, but that was part exhanging my old car, got couple of hundered for that - so the price might be a wee bit steep.

Ok,cool I thought that might be a bit steep as the dreaded parkers has it lower.

She has now seen a 1000cc Vibe on a P plate again with 48 thouh with full history for £850.

I paid £1550 for my black P-reg SR with 57k on the clock, I live in the south though so car prices are usually higher than Parkers. But its in amazing condition! :)

Welcome to the MSC!
James

Cheers for the welcome James.i'm gunna have a look at the SR today,so I'm hoping its ok.

Andy.

In my opinion - i'd go for the SR. Much better car as it has more features etc and for a little more cash - its a better car than the 1.0ltr.

Welcome to the club - Titch
:kungfu:

agreed the 1.3's are better than the 1.0ltrs, things to look out for are:

you wanna check the front crossmember for signs of rust etc as they are a common prob with k11's.

another thing is to check the sills underneath the car next to the rear arches for rust as this again is a common prob. both can fail mot so you don't want a car that has extra bills coming with it.

next is to start it and see if the timing chains rattle. if they rattle for a bit and then stop they are prob fine, if they keep rattling then they may need to be replaced, its easier just to get a new engine from what i've heard.

then the usual things you'd check with any car wear and tear, crashes, stolen, clocked etc.

oh and welcome to the club mate :)

Dr Zoidberg said:
another thing is to check the sills underneath the car next to the rear arches for rust as this again is a common prob. both can fail mot so you don't want a car that has extra bills coming with it.

next is to start it and see if the timing chains rattle. if they rattle for a bit and then stop they are prob fine, if they keep rattling then they may need to be replaced, its easier just to get a new engine from what i've heard.

Yeh,I did notice the sills had gone on the SR I looked at.I pointed it out to the dealer and he didnt seemed bothered.He wanted £1200 I offered £600 and walked away.
I know all about timing chain rattles as I have had Primeras for years.

Deffo gunna go 1300 though,I couldnt believe how bloody quick they are. o_O

Andy.

I'm still searching for a micra.Looks like I'm gunna have to go up north as I can tfind any decent ones down here for about £1000-£1200.

Back