Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

chid

Buy & Sell Member
I just got a Micra yesterday. 1993 1.3 SLX. My other car is a two year old Renault but I needed something cheap to get to work cos she has the Renault most of the time.

I miss my power steering :down:

More than that, there is a horrible Blaupunkt cassette player fitted and I really want to swap it for my nice shiny CD player with flashy lights and a motorised tilting fascia.

I can't get the damn cassette player out.

I tried removing the trim screws by the ashtray (and it's nice to actually have an ashtray) and the ones just above the cassette player but the damn trim will not come off.

I thought I had better ask for any suggestions before I rip the thing to pieces and ruin it.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the Club mate, there is 4 screws that keeps the centre console attached, two near ashtray area and another two above the CD player itself, the console should just life off then, you will then find 4 screws keeping the CD played attached, two on the left and two on the right, undo these and pull out the Tape Player. The arms that kept the tape player screwed in need to come off for a new Cd player to be put in. good Luck.

Welcome to the Club mate, there is 4 screws that keeps the centre console attached, two near ashtray area and another two above the CD player itself, the console should just life off then, you will then find 4 screws keeping the CD played attached, two on the left and two on the right, undo these and pull out the Tape Player. The arms that kept the tape player screwed in need to come off for a new Cd player to be put in. good Luck.

Thank you very much. I will give that a go this evening. :grinning:

hi chid

they usually need a good yank once the screws are out :grinning:

I wondered about that - I thought I had found all the screws but I didn't want to break it.

there are two clips at the top, where the vents are, push it down from the top and then pull it, don't pull it from the bottom you will snap the clips.

there are two clips at the top, where the vents are, push it down from the top and then pull it, don't pull it from the bottom you will snap the clips.

Thank You!!

That is exactly what I would have done (given it a good old yank as the other guy said).

Glad my missus wouldn't let me play tonight. Will do that tomorrow.

Damn.

3 of the 4 screws out. The other one is mashing my screwdrivers. And the front of the tape player has snapped off, probably because it's so old.

Sulking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back