Hi to all

Hello everybody.My name is neil,36yrs old from Bristol.I work as a digger driver in quarrys around the country with my 35ton Hitachi,hence "Hammerman".I drive a 2003 Pug 406 tuned diesel.My wife has a 1998 K11 1.3 Sri.We`ve had it for 3 yrs,& its only let us down once when the distributor failed.Only cost £10 for a new one from the scrappy.I`ve just replaced the front crossmember for the mot,but it failed on the handbrake,hence joining the forum.At 6ft3",i find the Micra a bit cramped for me,but its ideal for my wife & baby.It has all the extras except a/c.
I like to do most of the work & repairs on cars myself.The only thing i dont do is cambelts.Anything else i cant do i get our plant workshop to do.My alternator failed on my 406 before xmas.I could`nt get it repaired or replaced for less than £150.But our workshop had it repaired for £84 inc labour,taken out of my wages over 2 weeks:grinning:
Cheers everybody

Hello everybody.My name is neil,36yrs old from Bristol.I work as a digger driver in quarrys around the country with my 35ton Hitachi,hence "Hammerman".I drive a 2003 Pug 406 tuned diesel.My wife has a 1998 K11 1.3 Sri.We`ve had it for 3 yrs,& its only let us down once when the distributor failed.Only cost £10 for a new one from the scrappy.I`ve just replaced the front crossmember for the mot,but it failed on the handbrake,hence joining the forum.At 6ft3",i find the Micra a bit cramped for me,but its ideal for my wife & baby.It has all the extras except a/c.
I like to do most of the work & repairs on cars myself.The only thing i dont do is cambelts.Anything else i cant do i get our plant workshop to do.My alternator failed on my 406 before xmas.I could`nt get it repaired or replaced for less than £150.But our workshop had it repaired for £84 inc labour,taken out of my wages over 2 weeks:grinning:
Cheers everybody

Welcome, Your lucky then cause your Micra hasnt got a cambelt but a cam chain, therefore if looked after it should never need replaced(Y)

The cam chain was one of the reasons for buying it.Its only got 86k miles now,so should be good for a while.The sills are starting to rust now,but the rest of the body is clean for its age.
I`ve done a bit of searching on here & it looks like i need a new handbrake cable.It works on the right hand side,but not on the l/h/side.I`ve striped the rear brakes,heatshield underneath & everything looks good,its just that when applied,the left cable does`nt seem to work.Will take it off & try to free it,if not hopefully i can get a new one tomorrow.Then hopefully a wash n wax,then i`ll post some pics of it.

Back