hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well joining up as i am in the market for a micra as i wanna bring my overall costs down. I have owned only one car over the last 5 years being my much loved Nissan Primera SRi.

DSC00218.jpg

jne.jpg

Although the car is solid and bodywork sound it needs major work and after 5 years of ownership its time to move on.
Now i have 2 weeks to find myself a decent micra before my MOT runs as my car is just getting stripped and then off to the scrapyard.
I have currently have around £2000 to spend looking at the 1.3 si's as i have been told for a mixture of motorway driving and town driving they are the best to go for. Any advice on what to look for on em would be very much appriciated.

Hello and welcome, if you're doing a lot of motorway driving then the 1.3 is a better choice, what sort of age car are you looking for ? Super S, SR and Si models all have decent trim and toys.

the rear of the sills and the front crossmember behind the front bumper are the main places to look for rust.

1999 and 2002? I'd say you're best looking for the Sport/Sport+ or SE/SE+ (these are all 2000-2002 models).

They actually have a more powerful engine too (its called a 1.4 but is in actual fact 1348cc) and I think has 85bhp.

James.

PS: Nice P10! I think I recognise your username from NPOC?

To be fair at the moment most of the ones going around where i am are all 1.3 si's and are around 1999-2001's regs. Seen 1 which is a 1999 reg for a 1.3si but for 1295 is that not expensive i wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back