Hi my name is Dave and I have an interesting issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 04 k12 Micra xs. When the sun shines and the interior of the car, especially the steering wheel and column, gets hot the car will not start. At first I thought it was battery or altinator related but I checked both of these out with a multi meter and they are fine. When you turn the key I can hear a relay chatter from under the bonnet. The starter motor does not turn at any time while it is in this state. The relay is situated in a white box under the passenger side head light next to the battery. The car starts immeadiately with a bump. If I put the car in the shade and open the windows it will start perfectly after it cools down (about an hour). I know this sounds mad and it took me quite a while to prove what was going on. I didn't believe it myself at first. Can anyone help?

first off welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay and that sounds like a sensor problem i can ask at work tomorrow for you as i work at nissan building the cars unless someone can tell you before

From what you've said, is there any chance the wiring where you put the key in is a bit dodgy and the heat breaks a joint or anything?

Can't see how really, but from what you've said it might be worth checking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back