High Idle after Car Warm K11

CMF_Blueman

» CMF Member
Hello,

i have a 1995 Nissane Micra LX 1.3 EFI. this past couple of weeks when i am driving and stop at a set of lights the car will keep idleing at around 2.5K rpms.

When i start the car in the morning all is fine.

I have cleaned the air flow valve with carb cleaner but the car still idles high.

when i disconnect the connection to the air flow valve the car will idle back down to normal, but when i insert it in again the revs go up.

do you think it could be a faulty valve or the throttle body it self.

I have tried to see if the ECU outputs any error codes but i can't find the hole to turn the screw and i don't have any torx screw drivers :)

help will be very greatfull

thanks

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
clean the idle air control valve in front of the TB making sure the valve rotates freely with no grittyness.

warm the engine up to temperature, rev to 2-3k rpm briefly to clear its throat, then with an allen key adjust the idle speed via the allen screw located at the back left (see pic) of the TB till it idles at 650rpm when warm.

resoldering the TB circuits as geoff mentioned also helps if ur able to.

if it all works, the engine should idle above 1k rpm when cold then as it reaches operating temp the idle slows down to 650 rpm

Attachments

• 38900.jpg
    38900.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Blueman

» CMF Member
thanks for the replys... I will have another go in cleaning the air control valve.

I find it odd when the car is cold it idle perfect but after it's warm bam it's up there.

If it starts to idle to high again i will adjust the idle speed. if that still fails i will re-solder the joints and if that still fails i'm off to pick and payless to buy myself a second hand air control valve :)

Thanks i'll keep everyone posted

CMF_Blueman

» CMF Member
oh one more thing... Is someone able to post from the workshop manual what voltages each sensor should be as i am going to hook up a ecu data scan tool to check if each sensor is outputing correctly.

thanks

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
Blueman WROTE:

"thanks for the replys... I will have another go in cleaning the air control valve.<BR><BR>I find it odd when the car is cold it idle perfect but after it's warm bam it's up there.<BR><BR>If it starts to idle to high again i will adjust the idle speed. if that still fails i will re-solder the joints and if that still fails i'm off to pick and payless to buy myself a second hand air control valve :)<BR><BR>Thanks i'll keep everyone posted

mine used to idle slowing at cold and fast when warm until i cleaned out me IACV and readjusted the idle screw. now it runs perfect.

oh cos the wax pellet thing on mine didn't work, i removed it which didn't affect anything.

Back