Hi and advice for buying an auto micra

CMF_MidnightCruiser

» CMF Member
Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy an auto micra for my partner and would like to know what I should look for and be wary of.

Also I'm located in Adelaide and if anyone from around here is thinking of selling their auto micra, let me know. =)

Thanks in advance,
MC

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
What year are you talking about? The new micras or the old ones?
Don't buy an older auto micra (K11), they all break. End of story.
It's not if, it's when they break - you are up for more than the car is worth to fix it.

Buy a manual one, they are great

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Seeing as all K12's are auto, we assume you mean the K11 CVT ?
As stated by Doom, he pretty much summed it up, they will break.
Do a search on here for CVT, lots of results with people asking about CVT issues.
I'd be teaching my partner how to drive a manual, you cant go wrong!

CMF_MidnightCruiser

» CMF Member
Thanks for the quick replies.
Yes I was referring to an auto K11 micra.

I would love a Super S I think they look really cool. The only problem is that it would mainly be driven by my girlfriend and she vehemently refuses to learn how to drive manual!

Is there an average lifespan for an auto box? Any tell-tale signs when they are on the way out?

Cheers,
MC

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Yes.. Buy a manual..

Perhaps look at another option if you need an auto. The new k12s retail for about 7-10k used so a good option

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
i have a cvt slx and i like it lots for its smoothness. Takes a bit of getting used to as it is different to normal autos. You can do a cvt diagnostic on the car before you buy as outlined on one of the threads here. You turn the key a certain sequence and then one of the light on your dash will flash a cetain pattern if everything seems fine or flash differently if problem.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I was going to ask the same question, my girl likes my micra but only drives autos. My question is will the k12 auto fit in k11, what other pieces would i need that wouldnt b in a donor k12. That way i would b left with a k12 1350 engine that i could use in a super s when i aquire one. Do any other autos fit in the k11, maybe pulsar

CMF_Chickenwaahoo

» CMF Member
The K11 CVTs can be fixed, usually it is just the carbon brushes that have worn just the same as on your drill or washing machine.
Do a search, there are a few people around doing diy fixes on them.:)

Back