Hi all

I was doing my usual weekly checks when I noticed these pieces of rust at the bottom of the heatsheald above the bottom bolts at the front. I'm assuming it's called that its next to the radiatior at the front of the engine bay. I'm wondering if I need to do something about it. it's only bolted in so it should be easy to change. Anyone got any advice in regards whether or not I should leave it or get a replacement? If its the latter is it a dealer part as I dont really want to use a part from the breakers.

p.s
I'm hoping this is in the right place to put this. Also I have pics but dont know how to attach them.

If I'm reading you right then that's the same place mine failed an MOT for having rust. But the MOT guy said it needed welding, when it got fixed it cost me £60. Would be cheaper if it is just bolt on though...

If it's the part right behind the horn then were talking about the same bit. Given how much rust is on it I would of thought if it was going to fail its mot it would have since it has just had it about 2 weeks ago.

I was doing my usual weekly checks when I noticed these pieces of rust at the bottom of the heatsheald above the bottom bolts at the front. I'm assuming it's called that its next to the radiatior at the front of the engine bay. I'm wondering if I need to do something about it. it's only bolted in so it should be easy to change. Anyone got any advice in regards whether or not I should leave it or get a replacement? If its the latter is it a dealer part as I dont really want to use a part from the breakers.

p.s
I'm hoping this is in the right place to put this. Also I have pics but dont know how to attach them.

hi, are you talking about the cross-member? you can add pictures if you edit your post and click go advanced and then scroll down where it says manage attachments then upload a picture from pc etc.

It's actualy the pannel which is next to the radiatior under the bonnet. I've been to a garage and they've said it was ok. so what I've done is spray the effected part with hammerite paint. Unfortunetly I am unable to attach pictures. All I'm going to do is keep an eye on it for now and deal with it at some future time.

Thanks for the help though

Back