Hi all - newbie here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all :)

Just thought I'd sign up to this forum for a bit of info from the guys in the know when it comes to Micras.
Although I'm not a Micra owner, I will be 'kind of' as of next week - let me explain:-

My Grandad, who's in his early 80's has owned his Micra since new in 1997 and now, with it being a manual, he's finding it harder to drive so has, today, been to put his name down on another car that's automatic. Anyway, as he knows I buy and sell things on the internet all the time and am an experienced member of quite a few car forums, he's asked me to totally handle the sale of his car, which I'm quite willing to do, given that he has no computer or internet.

The thing is, I'm not sure where to place the pricing at as it's quite unique for the year - it's done 7,700 miles from new!!! It's a 1997 on an 'R' plate, 1.0 16v 'Passion' model with alloys, sunroof and in metallic 'British racing green', has just this month had a full service & MOT and is absolutely mint as it's been garaged all its life. It even still smells new inside.

As of next Thursday (4th April) I will be bringing it over to my house to look after until its sold but what would you say it's worth? It would make a great base for a project car and I will be putting it on Pistonheads to sell it.

Any tips or an idea on what I should ask for it?

Thanks for any helpful info.

Whats the service history like? has it been serviced every year? Do you have any pics?

I dont think ive heard of a car with so little miles!

Provided its been serviced every year id advertise it at a nice round £1500.

Robert picked up a V reg Si for £2000 with only 6000 miles on the clock so thats a good base.

Whats the service history like? has it been serviced every year? Do you have any pics?

I dont think ive heard of a car with so little miles!

Provided its been serviced every year id advertise it at a nice round £1500.

Hi mate,

I will have pics next week when I've brought it over to my house.

I look after the cleaning & detailing of the car so it's immaculate - I'm a member on the detailingworld forum and I'm a multi concours show winner with my own cars so I know what i'm doing when it comes to looking after cars.

Yes it's got full service history (just had one done only a few weeks ago together with the MOT).
Some might be concerned that with it being ultra low mileage, it's been sat idle for long periods - it hasn't, it's been used weekly but just for very short journeys to the shops etc. Mechanically it's perfect and has been garaged all its life.

I was thinking £1500 myself. I'll do a bit of searching the car sales sites to see what's out there.

Cheers

the problem with low mileage and only low journeys tends to be that the engine never really gets warm and most engine ware occurs when it is cold.

OK, it's exactly the same spec as mine - except mine's black - mine had 80,000 miles on the clock and the garage wanted £1500 for it. I talked him down, but I think you could definitely get away with trying to charge lots more for it, especially if it's been serviced every year and has all the paperwork.

Thanks for the input so far guys. :grinning:

I think I'll put it up at about £16-1700 to start with and see how it goes.

Collecting the car on Thursday, so it will be on Pistonheads by the end of the day (weather permitting me taking photos that is!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back