Hey all

Hi everyone

Names Ed and from east yorkshire.

Been wanting to go jap for a while now after a run of vauxhalls, have been looking into civics but due to redundancy and a baby on the way in march need something small that will save money on fuel and insurance and want the reliability of jap and also would love to have something jdm(in my own twist)

So decided to look for a micra.

What are these like day to day with a baby, if anyone knows?

What to look for when looking to buy?

What are the common problems of these and what to questions to ask the seller, i.e when cambelts were replaced etc...

Would appreciate the help, also if anyone is from around the bridlington area and knows someone that has a k11 with tax and test cheap, let me know please.

All being well should be able to start looking for one in the next week if i manage to sell my current tigra.

Thanks Ed

welcome to the MSC!

I can tell you that k11 have timing chains not belts, they rarely brake or need replacing. They develop a slight rattle overtime though. Im sure there is a thread about things to look for when buying a micra somewhere. The biggy is definitely rust around the sills and crossmember.

Micra-York said:
What to look for when looking to buy?

Main things to look out for is rust on the sills and the front cross member as these are the more common places for them to go. I cant remember any other places but im sure someone else will mention

Micra-York said:
What are the common problems of these and what to questions to ask the seller, i.e when cambelts were replaced etc...

That'll be abit difficult as they've got Timing Chains. Just check the service history to see if its been serviced regularly.

Aye, you'l be hard pressed to find a micra engine on its way out hehe, there are two styles, there is the first revision and facelift, and the super series have nice bumpers with fogs, i'd imagine the k11 would be fine for a child, and its certainly a fun drive, nice on fuel, and nice insurance grouping.

(Also note how were all sticking up for k11, just re-read and noticed your looking for a micra not just a k11 micra, but you can tell how much its reputation is shining right now haha.)

he heeeeee i used to have the tigra it was blowing oil ,,quik changed it for the 1.3 k11 ..what a pleasure

Back