Helped me again

CMF_LX97

» CMF Member
Last night when I drove to work I found that the fan would not blow on any settings except the fastest.
With the current temperatures in the mid thirties I was keen to see if I could fix the darn thing.
I did a search and read that this is a common thing to happen with the Micra.
Two years ago I bought this car and only one fan speed did not work. I learnt to live with this but after last night and only having one fan speed. I needed the range of fan speeds to assist with the air conditioner especially today it's a scorcher.
Anyway thanks to this great and helpful sight I found the answer.
I need a new heater blower motor resistor. I took out the old one and found the old circuits on the resistor were badly worn away and there was a touch of corrosion on the rear of the resistor. Whilst in there I took out the fan motor and how dirty does it get in there.
Any how the part is on order and I need it as fast as there doesn't seem to be any relief in sight from this heat.
Thanks micra files.
Paul

CMF_LX97

» CMF Member
Nissan, at a cost of $52.
I thought about asking Carlos(sportsclassic) from this site for a used one but was unsure how long it might last so I thought what the heck I'll get a new one.
I thought I'd write this thread as I find this site helpful, not like other members.
Hey it does have it's benefits. This site has helped me and saved me a few dollars along the way.
Paul

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Nice.. that's actually not a terrible price to get through nissan. Thanks for letting us know! If you get a part number too it'd make it even easier for people in future to get replacements :)

Cheers,

---dens

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
I know you were referring to the blower fan, but I'd thought to share this out too.

I was concerned on the radiator fan not even starting , even after a 6 hour drive I never heard it start up or maybe I didn't notice but by the end of the trip I expected it to be on.. but it didn't

This didn't made me worry much as the temperature in the dash was around mid just like anytime.

Then I asked online, & after a few attempts I heard it work. It wasn't damaged at all. The micra has a wonderful cooling techniques mates!

ian - Malta

Back