HELP!!!!!!

My car won't turn off.....

I removed the GA15 throttle body cause the maf has had it (resoldering done f all to help)

Got a cg tb on and now the car won't turn off even with the key out of the ignition?!?!?

I'll get a vid up in a minute

Running on? Electrical problem more than likely. There isn't something. Earthing out some were is there

frank said:
lol, stall it in gear karl o_O have you trapped the alternator wire somehow ?

Belly93 said:
Running on? Electrical problem more than likely. There isn't something. Earthing out some were is there

I can't see how it's an electrical problem when all I've done is swap tb, I'll go over the plugs to make sure

It will eventually stall itself but all the lights on the dash stay on unless I disconnect the battery

i know nothing about the tb's but is the wiring exactly the same for both, its just that if you have the ignition lights staying on with the keys removed it seems to me that you may have a permanent live going to something that should be ignition live this would then keep everything powered up,check a wiring diagram for the two parts

Ok think I've found the culprit

7621730514_8b751eb84f.jpg

The green relay...... Removed it, started the engine and it turned off as it should, put it back in and it starts just won't turn off again.

Is it safe to run without the relay?

micra 2000 said:
i know nothing about the tb's but is the wiring exactly the same for both, its just that if you have the ignition lights staying on with the keys removed it seems to me that you may have a permanent live going to something that should be ignition live this would then keep everything powered up,check a wiring diagram for the two parts

The tb share the same wiring, the ga15 is a larger diameter

I put my money on the ignition switch. same think happened to me with my march. just take it apart and clean it or get one from scrap yard. very easy to replace.

karlj said:
Ok think I've found the culprit

The green relay...... Removed it, started the engine and it turned off as it should, put it back in and it starts just won't turn off again.

Is it safe to run without the relay?

Anyone?

Back