Aircon causes car to stall??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I know this is not a new question. But today, I was moving off in my car and it stalled all of a sudden when the aircon is on.

I have read up on thread about cleaning the AAC valve. Would like to find out if the GA15 throttle is the same as the CG ones?

Also, anyone has a pic of where is the "Screw" to adjust the idling on the TB??

Pls help

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi All,

The same issue happened again today.. :(

I have took out the unit infront of the TB to clean up the AAC. But whenever I switched on the A/C, the car will stall when I'm coming to a stop as the rpm dropped too much.

When A/C is on and idling, the rpm tends to flauctuate more as compared to when it's off (600-800). When A/C is off, the rpm is stable (around 800-900)

What else can I do to solve the issue, as it is dangerous to drive on the road and have the car stalling...

HELP!!!

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Sorry for being a noob here... but I can't really find the plastic screw...

I've attached a pic borrowed from the following link...http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/34957-Aussie-K11-Micra!

Courtesy of crocain (Pal sorry for using your pic as your's is much clearer)

Pls help to point out the screw position to me...

I'm also wondering if I could have done anything wrong while I was trying out the rev limiter removal method by sticking a tape in the dizzy (The stalling problem started only after I did that)

Pls help...

Thanks!! ;)

Attachments

• 61067.jpg
    61067.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 44

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Hi All,

The same issue happened again today.. :(

I have took out the unit infront of the TB to clean up the AAC. But whenever I switched on the A/C, the car will stall when I'm coming to a stop as the rpm dropped too much.

When A/C is on and idling, the rpm tends to flauctuate more as compared to when it's off (600-800). When A/C is off, the rpm is stable (around 800-900)

What else can I do to solve the issue, as it is dangerous to drive on the road and have the car stalling...

HELP!!!
my car when on idle rpm is 650-700, when A/C is ON and the A/C FAN kicks in, rpm is 900....

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"asdame posted a pic of the tickover screw on this thread :)<BR><A title=https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/38891 href="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/38891" target=_blank>https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/38891</A><BR>(its an airbleed screw that bypasses the butterfly)

Thanks Frank!!

Managed to find the screw and did some adjustment to up the rpm...

However, I took the car for a test drive and the car stalled again when I applied the brakes...

Dunno what's wrong... sigh...

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Now the car starts running from bad to worst... Need Help!!

Now the car is idling low when cold and high when warm... The car also starts jerking when in 2nd gear (Can't rev above 2500rpm). This comes on and off...

What could be the problem? Will resoldering the TB help? All these problem started after I've done the rev limiter removal mod. Should I remove the mod??

Can resetting the ecu help too?? Or could it be a lamda sensor or faulty cat issue??

Really lost here.... :(

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
dont know if this experience of mine will be related...but the other day i cleaned my the air control valve, when i put back i cannot adjust the rpm to the lowest....so dissassemble it again and i found out that there 's a oil ring gasket which wasnt sitting properly...so fixed that...and rpm was set to 650 at idle when warm goes upto to 900-1200 when cold....

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"dont know if this experience of mine will be related...but the other day i cleaned my the air control valve, when i put back i cannot adjust the rpm to the lowest....so dissassemble it again and i found out that there 's a oil ring gasket which wasnt sitting properly...so fixed that...and rpm was set to 650 at idle when warm goes upto to 900-1200 when cold....

The "O ring" you mentioned is the small one that sits near the valve tip or the bigger one that sit within the air control valve motor?

Pls advise..

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Thanks alot guys for the help and advices!!

I've solve the problem at last!!!

Basically, I solved the issue by using an aac from a donor CG13 T/B onto my GA15 T/B. They are basically the same and a direct fit...

Some things to take note though when removing the aac to clean it up... REMEMBER to remove the negative wire from the battery before disconnecting/connecting the sensor plug. I believed the aac was short circuited when I removed it with battery still on... :(

Also realised that my car was jumpy and stalling due to faulty fuel guage as the engine was starving from fuel. May be due to dirty injectors too as situation got better after adding in some injectors cleaners ;)

Back