Help!

Hi all, I'm new to the site and not sure if this is the right area to post in so apologies in advance!

I was driving my girlfriends K12 1.2 53 plate last Thursday when it stalled approaching a roundabout. It then would crank over but would fire/catch. I towed it home and checked for a spark - nothing. I found out about a recall on ignition relays but according to Antelope Nissan of Banbury, Oxon it does not affect this particular car. Today the car won't even crank - if you turn the ignition on everything starts as it should, but when you turn the key fully nothing happens so for some reason it's now not engaging the starter motor.

I'm used to working on old German cars without things like keyless go and what have you so am not sure if it's anything to do with this? Unfortunately I don't have money to try out different parts. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks in advance, Max.

same thing happen on my dads diesel pug 306, turned out the car had immobilised the fuel pump. replaced that and it sprang into life. im not saying this is a dead cert on your car but it could be a possibility?

Back