Help!

Kirton

Renault Sport
I have just installed a K&N 57i induction kit into my 1.2 K12. But When I have gone to start the car up, it doesn't! The instructions told me to disconnect the negative battery terminal, which I did to install the kit. But this shouldnt have an affect now that it is recconected should it!? The ignition will turn on, but the engine just doest start. Any thoughts!?

OP
OP
Kirton

Kirton

Renault Sport
? Nah the car doesn't turn over. just the ignition then wen i go to turn it the rest of the way to start the engine, theres nothing! :(

R

ricardo_swarez

flat battery? first thing i'd check before checking other things

:edit: sorry didn't see that you car turns on, just doesn't turn over

Matty_C

Ex. Club Member
bugger around with the fuses this actually happened to me while sitting in a car park the doors didn't work and the engine wouldn't start so i played around with the fuse box ie take fuses out try turning it on then put them back in again that seemed to do the trick

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
right what you can try to do is disconnect the negative side on the battery and then remove the interior light fuse then reconnect the battery and then put the fuse back in, see if that works to resets it because all the units can get confused on the i-key micras or even spike the ecu!, if not you might have to get it taken to nissan (if its still under warranty?) and just stay it wouldnt start in the morning DONT MENTION how you fitted the K&N 57i induction kit by disconnecting the battery as you might have to pay to get it fixed

edit: also when you turn the key from on to start position do the lights on the dash go dim if so try charging the battery ive had that happen before

OP
OP
Kirton

Kirton

Renault Sport
Thanks for the help guys. I did pull out some fuses and put them back in, and it started :-D champion, lol.