Help!!!!

A

aforalfa

Hi there, I am used to playing with alfa romeos and i am a long standing alfa forum user, but just lately, i have been charged with the task of getting a little k11 running.

It wouldnt start the other day, i took the top off the airbox, and put a little easy start in, and it went, and carried on for 50 miles or so, then yesterday, it stopped again, and has gone nowhere else since.

Now, it has spark, fuel up to the rail so the fuel pump is working, but it wont inject the fuel into the cylinders.

It does run on easy start.

The fault code reader shows 0 rpm on turnover, but the crank sensor seems to be working, as it does fire on the easy start, but doesnt fire when sensor is disconnected, so might it be the cam position sensor? does this give the rpm reading?

Ive tried it with the AFM disconnected, (as per a favorite trick in the alfa world) and no better

The TPS is working correctly, as the diag machine shows correct movement.

is there anyone out there with a clue?
are there any normal parts that go when this fault occurs?

Its getting right up my nose now, please help:blush: :devil:

do the injectors show PWM reading on trying to start? Can you show a datalog of trying to start the car?

I am going to scope the injectors for pulsing this afternoon, but i am pretty sure i know what i am going to find, which will be sweet fa:doh:

as i thunk, no damn pulsing:down:

i can think of two things.....the 10amp by the battery blown or corroded..or the injection relay not working...which is near the battery as well......
just to add..i own a alfa 156 2.0l twin spark....

i can think of two things.....the 10amp by the battery blown or corroded..or the injection relay not working...which is near the battery as well......
just to add..i own a alfa 156 2.0l twin spark....

any pics of said relay? they all look a bit wierd after looking at alfa red relays :lol:

oh, and good choice of car btw! only really bettered with a 155 :wink: ;) www.alfa155.org

hi,just thinking whats the year of the car and cc...because the 1.4s have the coils on each cyclinder..if it has that it will have the injection relay under the bonnet..you swap them around to prove if the relay is faulty....once i know i will rethink...

hi,just thinking whats the year of the car and cc...because the 1.4s have the coils on each cyclinder..if it has that it will have the injection relay under the bonnet..you swap them around to prove if the relay is faulty....once i know i will rethink...

And the 1.0's years 200-2002 i belive, although quite sure your be able to tell yourself by the looks of what you know.

Could you just post up what you know about the car?

Back