HELP!!!! Won't start!!!!

Driving fine no problems, turned ignition off and then wouldnt start again. Engine managment light flashing pluged scan tool in says system is running fine, no dtc's. Got fuel and spark but not firing checked all fuses and changed throttle body.

98, i haven't bcoz when crankin it stinks of fuel
the only thing i can think of is timing has jumped there for givin me valve over lap bcoz it sounds low on compression too, an my timing belt is 10k over due

You don't have a timing belt. Its a chain so it won't have jumped. Could be a Nats issue. There is a fault finding flowchart in electrical 2 PDF file.

To second agent smith - it does sound like NATS, however, try taking out the fuel pump fuse from the fuse box on right of steering wheel. Crank it over for 10-15 seconds, if it wants to start give it a couple of blips. Turn off ignition, put fuse back in and see if it fires up. Sound silly but has worked on last 2 of my k11 1.3 which had the stinky fuel symptoms too. Best of luck and if it works, send me some Karma.

Ive tried takin the fuse out and doing what u said blanes and nothing i tried a drop of fuel in the intake an she tries to fire but that's it
could some 1 send me a link to the nats fault finding flow chart please
im desperate to get her back runnin cant stand driving a corsa any more :(

Unfortunately to do a proper fault find on the nats you really need the consult unit. As everything was working you should first try refitting the immu unit. This is the unit on top of the ignition key barrel. If its faulty or any other part of the nats system for that matter, you will have to have it resynced at Nissan after changing the duff part. Here is an easy bit to try first.
20131109_142157_zpsdd79d01e.jpg

The immu picks up the code from the chip in your ignition key. If any of the three. Chip,ECU,or immu are faulty or have been changed a resync is necessary. Here's the chip in the key.
20131109_142500_zps86d94def.jpg

Thanks very much for your help mate ill have a go at taking it out now,, my key does look as if it comes apart tho ?? :/
is there any way of jus disabling it so i can jus get the car to runn ??

No you can't disable it easily, certainly not at home. The cheapest way is actually to get a set from the scrapyard. Nissan will charge £70.

Why not ?? What does it take to do soo ?? Sorry i don't mean to sound arrogant but i like a challenge when it comes to electrical, My mighty micra is going to be towed up to the garage where i work today ive had a week of so its been nice to tincer with her but i need it runnin now,
and i don't want to spend another £100

It requires a consult unit to check or programme the new sync codes into the boxes. These aren't freely available else the nats security would be worthless. That's not to say a garage can't get them.

if it runs for a few seconds when you charge it with petrol, then the injectors are,nt releasing fuel, and if the mil is flashing, then most likely nats (you usually get 141 143 or 145 codes)
another frequent cause is the injector fuse holder corrosion, near the battery

That's the thing though its not giving me any fault codes at all, Il double check the fuse now but in almost certain that everything is mint in just getting really confused now isn't there a way jus to cut the nats out ??

there are a load of nats threads mate, and how are you reading for codes ?
edit, scan tool eh ? try reading from the light flashes (1 flash then 4 flashes etc)

Driving fine no problems, turned ignition off and then wouldnt start again. Engine managment light flashing pluged scan tool in says system is running fine, no dtc's. Got fuel and spark but not firing checked all fuses and changed throttle body.

seeing as you mention ignitionmay be worth checking the switch isnt worn n torn

Back