Help with rust problem on wheel arch

I have a year 2000 micra (1.0 S 3dr). Before I owned it I think it may have been in a scuff and the passenger wing is rusting under the lip (that goes under the arch). A touch of this bubbling effect is creaping round to the front of the wing and so is visible. The metal lips on the other 3 arches fit tightly to the plastic in the arch and are rust free. The arch in question's lip is not tight against the plastic inside the wheel arch and there is a small gap between them.

I know the car is not worth much and it is not fast nor sporty, but it has done 32000 miles, is spotless underneath and after a wax this week looks far newer than the X reg than it is. I plan to keep it 2 more years until I graduate.

What are my options? New wing from a scrappy? Get someone to fix it? Leave it alone?

thanks in advance:grinning:

I'd just rub back the paint on the lip (avoid going onto the visible area if possible) and treat the rust then paint over it again. It does depend how bad the rust is...though it does sound like its just a small section.

Back