Help with gearbox removal!

I'm having problems removing the gearbox. I don't want to break anything whilst prying it off.

What is the best method for removal/depredation from the block

Really appriciate any help with this

Matt

Look again!

I had trouble getting my box off. It ended up that I had missed a bolt, from memory at about 1 o'clock looking from the n/side. Go through the circumference inch by inch from both sides and you will find the missing bolt. To start to move the box off the dowels, connect up the clutch cable and depress slowly and it should start to move.

have you taken the 4 x 14mm longer bolts that hold the engine and g/box together matt ? and the 2 straps/braces at the bottom ? (if you hav,nt already binned them :wasntme:) and taken the mount/bracket off the back ?

have you taken the 4 x 14mm longer bolts that hold the engine and g/box together matt ? and the 2 straps/braces at the bottom ? (if you hav,nt already binned them :wasntme:) and taken the mount/bracket off the back ?

"I had trouble getting my box off. It ended up that I had missed a bolt, from memory at about 1 o'clock looking from the n/side. Go through the circumference inch by inch from both sides and you will find the missing bolt. To start to move the box off the dowels, connect up the clutch cable and depress slowly and it should start to move."

Cheers guys, all bolts were removed. Tried re attaching the clutch cable but that didn't do owt. In the end I just used more force!! Think I must have been a ##### with it before lol.

All off now, let the slowest clutch change ever commence.

Back