Engine Removal Easiest Way.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Not a micra engine so don't know what section this should be in.

Basically i want to remove the Silvia's engine soon however not having many exciting tools i don't really know the best way to remove the lump.

Should i just keep striping it away until i am left with the sump?
or is there an easier way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

id take off the big bits, like inlet and exhaust manifolds, the alternator etc, there shouldn't be alot left after that, then id be temped to leave the gearbox in situe and just remove the engine on its own

personally, id remove the pipes and wiring and prop shaft and pull the engine out with gearbox and ancileries attached.

well get a few mates down and do it similar to the micra one, unless you cant get it down to the front cross member! if not then drop it out the bottom and get car over the top or something ive seen it done lol

Well thanks for the Mild help guys think i am going to get rid of everything thats attacthed to the car and work some heavy bits off it then get it out.

Might be worth investing in an engine crane. It wont be easy re installing an engine without one I would think

Might be worth investing in an engine crane. It wont be easy re installing an engine without one I would think
Probably not! lol maybe 4 guys and a car with no bonnet may help.
engine crane will be difficult to get to my garage and be worth more than the actual car lol

Probably not! lol maybe 4 guys and a car with no bonnet may help.
engine crane will be difficult to get to my garage and be worth more than the actual car lol

A plank of wood or a metal bar and a chain work just as well if you have two strong people. Just lift it with your shoulders and you should only feel it for a few weeks! :laugh:

A plank of wood or a metal bar and a chain work just as well if you have two strong people. Just lift it with your shoulders and you should only feel it for a few weeks! :laugh:
Sounds like a plan! (Y) if there is 4 of us i could make a puppet cross.

Back