help with alternator type and alternator problem micra profile w reg 1.0

hi i went to start ma car for work after the car had sat for more than 24hrs, started perfectly.

when i was driving to work the lights dimmed between changing gear and the blower slowed at the same time.

i put a tester on the battery and it shows 12.5 volts and started the engine and but all the electrics on in my car to check the alternator and it fluctuates between 14 and 14.5v.

its got me baffled slightly, i was wondering if it could be a fault with the alternator and wonder if anyone can help.

also i went to see if there was a part number on the alternator and i cant see one, i know its a bosch thats it, went to several online parts dealers and they cant help without a part number as there several alternators for this car.

as the title says i have a 2000, w reg,nissan micra profile,1.0,16v date of registration 28/07/00

if anyone can give me advice on this problem or have the exact same car as me can you please give me a part number for the correct alternator.

oh its red by the way.

also i cant see what amp it is and have had a 65 and 70 amp alternator come up for the reg of my car.

thanx

have went out today and put multimeter on again with all lights and isnstruments and the voltage doesnt drop below 14v and battery seems to hold charge, car starts fine headlamps still dim and so does blower but not as bad dash board lights also.

had a freind sit and hold the revs at 2000 while doing this

really confused to what the problem is, can anyone help.

hi

so not a bad alternator ?

i have cleaned battery terminals to no avail, gonna start checkin all the relys/fuses in the fuse boxes in the engine compartment and then the earths.

could it be a bad relay?, heard somewere that there was some kind of relay upgrade but not sure what for, defo micra tho.

is this a common fault, if so what earth/ relay etc is at fault ?

thanx

Back