help wiring up shelf speakers in K11 facelift

the car has never had any shelf speakers and i read somewhere on here that the wiring for adding speakers is behind the carpet in the boot.

where exactly in the boot? left side? right? somewhere else?

if someone has an image showing where exactly, i'll be their best friend :D

Its near the rear light(drivers side),a white multiplug. Might be tucked away behind the carpet as its not being used.

found the multiplug, was exactly where you said it would be :)

only thing is when i've plugged up the speakers and tried them out there's no sound

what's the easiest way to find out where the problem is?

also, it wouldn't be anything like pulling out the stereo and connecting some wire(s) at the back of it? I'm thinking it isn't, but just wanna be sure :)

i hope i don't have to put new wiring through :(

I cant even find this plug, i can see a few white socket things but these are right near the lights. Where exactly did u find it?
Thanks

I cant even find this plug, i can see a few white socket things but these are right near the lights. Where exactly did u find it?
Thanks

you should find it next to the driver's side rear light (behind the carpet); mine was hooked onto a bracket, you just have to slide it upwards to get it free. i tugged at it for ages before realising this lol :D

oh, and it's one of those white plugs; it'll be the one with four pins and its the only one that the shelf plug will fit into - there should be a couple of connectors that are insulated (ignore these) and there was a two pin plug that was tied back on mine (not too sure where that one goes). it isn't that one either.

one last thing, i managed to get my sound problem figured out. My brother (used to be an electrician) used a meter to check the loom which was working fine; turns out my ageing stereo is the culprit. So if you get no sound it might be that.

hope this helps :)

Found a white plug. Im guessing this is for the speakers. What do i need to hook this up??

The speakers didnt come with any wires so i suppose ill have to buy some from somewhere?

Back