Wiring up parcel shelf speakers

I was looking for any guidance for installing my speakers in the parcel shelf tomorrow. I'm a bit stuck as to where to add the new wiring, as I dont want to do it from the head unit but from the wiring to the rear door speakers instead.

I guess the rear seats are coming out and the carpet is coming up fwn any headers or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Check for a plug back there already, some micras come with parcel shelf speakers as standard so the wiring may already be there and you can just tap into that

For my facelift there is n no need to take out any seats or any big bits of carpet.

Open boot, look to the right in the corner where the back right light is. Remove the carpet which covers the back of the light. There should be a little plug with 4 cables going to it that is hooked onto the car. Its yellow if I remember right. Just cut the adaptor off and crimp/solder onto speakers.

I got this written on my phone - im pretty sure its right:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black

RR+ Red/black
RR- Pink/black

No need to take the seats out for the pre-facelift too (Y) Its just behind the carpet same as facelift.
If you need, i have a spare parcel shelf looms that should plug straight in... Pm me if your interested...

It's a 2005 K12 5 door, I know usually there are speakers in the boot and this has been the case in the past but as I said with a 5 door I though the wiring will be under the carper before the rear doors. Still not sure what to do, thanks for the reply so far guys! (Y)

It's a 2005 K12 5 door, I know usually there are speakers in the boot and this has been the case in the past but as I said with a 5 door I though the wiring will be under the carper before the rear doors. Still not sure what to do, thanks for the reply so far guys! (Y)
Lol, teach me to assume everyone has a k11 :blush:
In which case, im sorry, i have no idea.

Why don't you just say what you done mate?

also the shelf is retaded with its bends and ####. can't put the 6x9s in properly, how did you do it?

I have a 5-door and most people have 3-door. Plus when I was asking around before not many people replied so wasn't going to bother with taking pictures for a guide. Depends if your speakers have covers, mine don't so theyre in the parcel shelf at an angle (with the rear window) and tilted towards the front using a custom MDF 'wedge' pretty much like a 'C' shape. If you want pictures or a step by step of what I did for my car I'd do it on request pal

For my facelift there is n no need to take out any seats or any big bits of carpet.

Open boot, look to the right in the corner where the back right light is. Remove the carpet which covers the back of the light. There should be a little plug with 4 cables going to it that is hooked onto the car. Its yellow if I remember right. Just cut the adaptor off and crimp/solder onto speakers.

I got this written on my phone - im pretty sure its right:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black

RR+ Red/black
RR- Pink/black

Thanks for this @legendryan. I manged to get my speakers working with what you said. It sounds awesome

I know I need to do some cable management and solder it to the wires but I was testing it to see if it works.

Attachments

• IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 386
  • IMG_4607.JPG
    IMG_4607.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
Back