Help through a custom NISSAN MICRA LX HK10.

Hello there, everyone!

I'am an norwegian guy, that might have some writing problems when it comes to tell you how my plan are in english, hehe.

Well, I've newly got a NISSAN MICRA LX HK10, and there's was some problems with it when I bought it actually.
The seller told me that there was just some minimal faults with the car, such as;

- The cable from the STARTER, which needed to start the engine was cutted off while he plugged out the cassette recorder. (Is this something easily to repair or fix?)
- When I'am driving, I need to make sure that I'll don't take off my foot from the gas pedal, if I do, the car could stop, not always, but mostly it would. (Any ideas here about what it could be?)

These were the fails he told me when I bought the car.

But later on, when I was taking a research into the engine-room, I found more failures.

Such as;

- I found a hole between the airfilter and the IAC valve (I could just change a valve here?)
- A short cable beside the generator has been torn off, it gets continuous electric charge. (What cable could this be?

My plans for this car is to make some tuning on it, styling and so on.

So, I've also wondered about getting a new engine for this one, such as 2,0l.

This Micra is an automatic one. So if I'm going to change the engine, do I need another gearbox as well? Is there enough space in the engine-room for such a engine?

Excuse me for my writings, but I'll hope I could get through so you might understand me, if not, please do not hesitate by leaving a message, and I would gladly advance my spellings! :)

Thanks in advanced!

The starter wire will only have power when the key is turned

The permanent live wire at the front may be the alternator wire?

It appears your car has no idle. Try adjusting the idle screw on the carburettor

A 2.0ltr is possible and will fit and can be converted to manual. You'll need the gear linkage and a clutch pedal too

Thanks, h701micra!

When I'll turn the key, I can't even hear the engine are starting thought.
I've get every other display lights on in the panel, like oil, battery and so on, but the engine won't even start. Because I cannot get any flow of electronic from the ignition, even those spark plugs are new.

Is there a small screw on the carburettor?

Cheers! Is there any other models/engines than Micra who fits? Or do I have to use the micra engine only?

If I'll do so, is there a lot of work by converting to manual from a AUT? As well as the gear linkage?

Thanks in advanced!

Now I've added some pictures!

Hopefully these could help you visualize my problems, if not.. not hesitate by asking me!

Thanks for the advices that might show up!:)

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpg
    IMG_3663.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_4317.jpg
    IMG_4317.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_7265.jpg
    IMG_7265.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_8466.jpg
    IMG_8466.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 325
First picture
That wire should definitely be attached

Second picture
Don't worry about that I ran without mine for years

Third picture
You'll need to join a new wire to that connector and plug it back on

Fourth picture
I'm not too sure which wire that is but I'll guess its an earth

fourth picture is mostly the one attached to the little (hell whats the word in english :D capacity? battery? condensator?) i think its condensator of your alternator. Dont neet to worry about that, car will just run fine even without it, ;)

fourth picture is mostly the one attached to the little (hell whats the word in english :D capacity? battery? condensator?) i think its condensator of your alternator. Dont neet to worry about that, car will just run fine even without it, ;)
anti static for the radio eh :) and my k10 had a lead from the alternator directly to the autochoke

1 and 4 picture has the same problem, just from different angles on the pictures, but is all about the same cable.
So the the cable doesn't need to be attached at all tho?

2nd picture, shall I just change the valve or something? Or could I just use tape? Because when I accelerate my car gets engine hesitation;S

3nd picture, is there any possibilities that someone could make a short movie or guide how to connect a cable from the starter to the connector where it has to be?

Thanks everybody for helping me out here!:D

You'll be fine be without that wire on the alternator attached

The pipe with a split it better off being replaced if at all. Its nothing major. Engine hesitation is to be expected of carb engine where there's the minor delay of the air fuel mix reaching the engine

You need to find the cable he cut and then we can go from there :)

Back