HELP!!! Stereo stuff

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
This is my first post...
Basically I have a few questions...
Just fitted a pioneer stereo to my k11 ordered the 2 harnesses I needed (micra to iso then iso to 16 pin) now I'm reading that it won't work unless earthed? How do i earth it?
And how would i go about attaching my 6x9's

Greatly appreciated :grinning:

Simply feed the earth wire back thru and attach it to one of the screw holes on the right of the stereo (where the mounting brackets for the original stereo were)

you earth it by screwing the black wire into any metal part on the car, there should;d be some old screw holes where the original head-unit bolted in, I wrapped the earth round a screw and screwed it in.

EDIT - Getaway car ruined my big moment ahaha!

No, because the original stereo earths thru the bracket on the right.
I'd run the earth round one of the screws on the right just incase your stereo doesn't earth thru its body.

So do I need to get some wire and put it in the plug then?
Sorry for sounding stupid I don't know anything about cars stereos :suspect:

i self wired my stero in from the adapter i had in my renault lol.... as all the old wires were cut..... i cant remember how many fuses i blew in the process haha

hey man, did you ever fit your 6x9's? just to let you know most k11's have the wiring already in for the rear speakers. there should be a plug to the right in the boot behind the carpet with 4 pins inside. if so thats your wiring. hook up your speakers off that and set your head unit up.

Back