earth point nearest stereo?

TriNode

Ex. Club Member
earth point nearest head unit?

I've been having problems with my head unit (popping when going over bumps) so i decided to look at the wiring, I don''t know how, but i've managed to lose the earth connection completely.
I can run a wire from the iso connector to the door lock then my stereo works great...

Where's the nearest point to run the earth from to the head unit?

Thanks!

Hmmmmn, it's earthed through the arial shield?!?

Not sure that's meant to be, kinda defeats the point of the earth on the iso connector...

Ive wacked mine on the metal cage sorta thing...below where your headunit fits there is anoter space...(for lose change or somin) undo the to philips screws n pull it off....you will see the metal cage im talking about and ive jus taken off a 10mm bolt n put mine thro that :D

The safest place to earth the headunit in a K11 is to one of the dash metal support bars, ideally the one to the right hand side on the headunit as this connects directly to the chasis and is clean (i.e. no paint)

The headunit should not be just earthed through the aerial as this provides no real earthing for the unit, so any high spikes in power may damage the unit.

so I may not have a great circuit? Would that explain why my stereo currently switches off when you get a loud sound? (the display dimms with the beat at highish volumes)

Back