HELP!! Speaker wiring +/- on speaker cables

Help! In my K11, I have just wired up my stereo using the standard cables in the front and rear, and I am a bit worried about the + and - being the wrong way around! Does anyone know which way around the black and red striped wire and brown wire are? Im sure someone does! The Haynes manual shows the colours but does not specify what the hell they do!

if you reverse the + - polarity then the speaker cone vibrates in reverse loop sound which in the long run you will damage the speaker coil but if connected the right polarity then your speaker lives.. when building a sub bass box the its better to reverse the polarity so the speaker is in reverse movement because being enclosed in a small area with air circulating the cone you cannot damage the coil as the air around inside the box acts as a cusion.. so in reality for a speaker that isnt enclosed in a box the polarity must be correct.. also saying this if one speaker is connected correctly and the other side isnt then you can damage the amp in the stereo causing overheat as overload sets in and .... yes thats right baaang.... so i reckon if you want good sound the right way do the job properly.. hope this helps.

J

Back