Rear Speaker Connector - Picture

J

jesskatk11

I noticed a lot of threads about the rear speaker connections from the harness in Micras. Well I thought I would post a pic of where I found it in my X-reg (Jan 2000) Micra 1.0S. Its the white connector with the yellow bit (centre-ish of pic) you see in the pic here:

882342.jpg

Its fastened to a metal bracket. Its located behind the upright bit of carpet on the RH side of the boot (view from the rear), close behind the offside rear light cluster. Also while I was at it I took the time to note the wire colours at that connector block and match them up with the speaker outputs from the HU. Heres what I found:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black
RR+ red/black
RR- pink/black

Also (while I was at it) I made a note of the front speaker wire colours at the HU too !

LF+ blue
LF- black/white
RF+ brown
RF- brown/black

Hope this helps others !! :grinning:

Exelent stuff, Would there be any chace f a pic of the multi-pug that goes into the rear of the radio sowing the arrangement of the wires.

Gods Unicorn said:
Exelent stuff, Would there be any chace f a pic of the multi-pug that goes into the rear of the radio sowing the arrangement of the wires.

OH NO..... its all plumbed in now. Tell ya what, if I get the dash surround off again at some point I will take a piccy :laugh:

EDIT: Just in case folk are wondering...I fitted a new HU. I know it is probably easy for folk here but it was all new for me. But if its relevent I fitted a Blaupunkt Brooklyn, got a HU ISO adapter from Halfords and a Blaupunkt iPod adapter from eBay. I just fitted the HU to my existing door speakers for now...but thats what made me have a nosey for the rear connector for the future o_O The old factory fitted Nissan HU (a radio cassette thing) turned out to be a Blaupunkt unit too so I didnt need an aerial adapter of any kind. The iPod adapter plugged straight into the CDchanger/AUX connector on the back of the new HU. OH...and also... the main +12V wire and the ignition wire didnt need to be swapped or anything like that. I remember it was just yellow to yellow and orange to orange on the Nissan plug to ISO adapter pin connection.

Sorry about not giving the detail like I did in the original post, I didnt think about making a note of the other Nissan wire colours at the HU end. :doh: But if you nip into Halfords and have a look for the ISO adapter for the "All nissan/Ford Maverick" you will see the type of plug PLUS on the back of the packaging (the stuff I threw in the bin:blush: ) is the wire colours and associated pin numbers and descriptions.... so take a pen and paper with you when you go:wasntme:

Back