» CMF Member
which one is connect to battery..?? thx

Attachments

• 69894.jpg
    69894.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 45

CMF_jeff8022

» CMF Member
when i connect the unit.. i just need connect battery, antenna, ground, and all 4 speakers, right...?

thx.. lowmicra

LowMicra WROTE:

"jeff8022 WROTE:<BR><BR>"which one is connect to battery..?? thx"</DIV><BR><BR>the single blue one on the end of the large piece :)

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
jeff8022 WROTE:

sorry, i don't know how to use voltmeter/test light...!!

Its pretty simple.

voltmeter turn it on and to the dc 12v setting
put the neg probe(black)on the chassis to earth it
turn the ignition to acc then poke the positive end in the different pins of the harness until one shows 12v.
there should also be the stand by power which is ~5v from memory and will be constantly on..

This may help:

or

CMF_jeff8022

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"jeff8022 WROTE:<BR><BR>sorry, i don't know how to use voltmeter/test light...!!"</DIV><BR><BR>Its pretty simple.<BR><BR>voltmeter turn it on and to the dc 12v setting<BR>put the neg probe(black)on the chassis to earth it<BR>turn the ignition to acc then poke the positive end in the different pins of the harness until one shows 12v.<BR>there should also be the stand by power which is ~5v from memory and will be constantly on..<BR><BR>This may help:<BR><BR><A title= href="" target=_blank></A><BR>or<BR><A title= href="" target=_blank>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTuMWxzrMHE&amp;feature=channel_video_title</A>

thx

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
jeff8022 WROTE:

" ignition switch ...? i don't see that on the audio unit...

I cant remember specifically from the micra but most cars have a yellow and red power wire. One of these has 12v all the time (straight to battery) and the other only has 12v while the ignition is on, this one is used to switch the power to the unit on.
If you have a test light or voltmeter you can very quickly and very easily identify which wire has power all the time and which only has power when the ignition is on :)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Having just looked at the diagram on the unit, the ignition wire is the red one called "accessory", this needs to be connected to the wire in the car's loom that only has power when the ignition is on.

CMF_jeff8022

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"Having just looked at the diagram on the unit, the ignition wire is the red one called "accessory", this needs to be connected to the wire in the car's loom that only has power when the ignition is on.

thx

Back