Stereo woes

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey,I disconnected my battery terminals to connect some new terminals to realise that the stereo had reset to its wanged out security mode. I called nissan and got my security code, but cant for the life of me, figure out how to put it in. Can anyone help? And if its reset the clock on the stereo, how to i set that back? Thanks...One other thing, is it easy enough to install a different stereo?Thx!

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
You should be able to just type the security code in using the number buttons on the front!

If you can't though, just get a new CD player!

Installation is easy - and as for wiring, never fear. Just get one of those adapter things which allows you to plug your new radio into the existing nissan stereo loom!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Well, theres a problem with just punching in the code, as it has a 0 in it, and the numbers on the interface only go from 1-6. theres also a "code 1" then 2 and finally 3... i thought that might work but theres 4 numbers in the code. I cant buy a new stereo at the moment, thanks to money (or lack of), and the jerks at the Nissan centres arent helping me out either :( Thanks anyway

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Ok say the code is 4589

To enter it in you go as follows

Press 1 on the stereo 4 times
Press 2 on the stereo 5 times
Press 3 on the stereo 8 times
Press 4 on the stereo 9 times

Then it should automatically reset itself....

Sean

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Sorry dudes, it ain't working.Say if the code is 1205.I hit 1 once,I hit 2 twice,I then hit 4, 5 timesIt doesn't work. This isn't the code by the way, but its quite familiar. I think the 0 really gets it messed up.I really cant afford a kick ass stereo at the moment and hate having to use the "1111" trick where u mash the 1 button 4 times and it temporarily unlocks (then cuts off 1/2 way thru the song). GRRR!Any other ideas would be fantastic :/

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Is it a eurovox or Blankpaut headunit?

You need to pull it out and get the serial number off it - and then phone whoever made the HU to get the correct key. If you put on a good daddy voice and explain that nissan suck at giving you a key, they usually give you the key free of charge.

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
If you enter the code wrong 3 times the unit locks up, you can't unlock it with the right code, only Nissan can unlock it. My parents-in-law did that to their Micra!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Its a blapunkt...It locks up after 3 failed attempts but resets after an hour. Kinda silly really for such a crap cd player.The 0 in the code is a real pain. Plz help ;(Tom

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Also, Ive already got the correct number from Nissan, they got it from the chassis number and called melbourne for the database and so on. So its the real deal. I just have no clue on how to put it in.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Mate, nissan australia is useless.

I suggest you pull the radio out, get the serial number off it, and get in contact with the australian office for Blankpaut.

Explain to them over the phone what has happened, the code nissan insists on and they might be able to help you.

If not, you'll have to try and guess the code over time.

Probably easier to just upgrade it to a nice cheap clarion CD player.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Well, i got some cash and got a new stereo.
I pulled out the old and, and amazingly, it was a Eurovox from a 98 Pulsar. WTF!?@!$$$%&
Now all thats left is to figure out the existing loom... some bright spark decided to go with his own color coded wires for the speakers/power. Brilliant idea. So now im gonna spend the rest of the day figuring out what the hell is going on.
Thanks anyway guys!

CMF_white_micra

» CMF Member
Its a bit late to post this up now, but auto security over ride codes that have a 0 can require you to key whatever it is you need to punch in 10 times. Having said that I have not tried it on micra stereo.
Nissan basically said "good luck to ya" when asked about code after my battery was changed. New stereo goes in this wk/end.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Toma, I would have cashed up and bought a new headunit too, a lot less dramas.

I'm thinking of replacing my current Kenwood headunit with a full Sony system so I might have a nice Kenwood headunit up for sale soon, will let all know.

Back