Help please geezers..

T

Travelling Al

Hello folks,

My 1994 Micra 1.0l has just started developing a nasty missfire, but not when under load. It seems to happen when I'm idling (sometimes fires on three at traffic lights, or dies altogether!) When accelerating it's good. Well, as good as a 1.0 can be :laugh:

I've pulled the leads off the plugs and pushed them back on again, but that's the extent of my investigation so far!

Any thoughts appreciated!!

Cheers,

Al

PS I appreciate this is a Micra 'Sports' club but hope you don't object to this posting!

Hi - sounds as if you've got the throttle body problem!
Unfortunally - it happenes to most micras, and i think you can re soldier it - but the best bet is to buy a new, or recondition one.
Titch

welcome to the forums

alot of people have unmodified micras here so it's ok to post....

your car could be running lean or maybe your timing is out.

if it were me i'd go to a garage because I don't know what i'm doing :p

but maybe someone here can show you how to sort it out yourself...

good luck :)

yeah if its cutting out it may well be the throttle body, u can pick up a new one off ebay for about 200 smackers, or u could re-solder it like i did and never had any problems! touch wood

http://www.247spares.com/ get one off there, i got one for hmm i think 58 quid delivered, had it on my car for 8-9 months and has been perfect!

hope that helps, expect like 30ish phone calls, my dad did! :p

MAF - mas air flow sensor that is within the throttle body, do not go to nissan as it will cost you £400, as the lads say get one from a scrappy or breakers and fit that, or re-solder

Thanks for the thoughts lads. I'll do it over the next week or so and let you know how it worked out..

Al

Attachments

• Ax_0703a.jpg
    Ax_0703a.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 188
  • Ax_0704a.jpg
    Ax_0704a.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 167
Back