k12 1.2 se petrol JERKS, POWER LOSS THEN DIES! PLEASE HELP!!

Hi there, 2004 1.2 se petrol with 113k miles. has had regular oil changes, just passed mot.

My micra is giving me problems and the mechanic or the AA cant figure out whats wrong with it.

when im driving (usually, but not always on long journeys) the car will start to jerk and will then begin to lose power even if my foot is right down in the cases when im on a motorway if the car starts to jerk then it wont go over 65/70mph if i try it will just jerk and then lose more power. when im not on a motorway and say im stopped at traffic lights when i try and set off again the car will jerk and then lose power and then die
completely and if i try and start it straight away it makes that sound that you get when the car is on but you turn the key again (if that makes sense) if you leave it idle for a few mins id be able to drive off again until it happens again (which might be the next time i stop at traffic lights, next week or in a few months time) the car has always got fuel in it, no lights come on when the car dies or when i start it back up. mechanic and the aa guy couldnt find any fault codes either
had the car for 1 year, problem started a few months after i first got the car and then stopped for a good few months but now its happening again. feel free to ask any questions, ill get back to you as soon as i can! BUT PLEASE HELP! any suggestions welcome!