Help on remote central locking

Dear all,

I read a thread of Nex and he suggest the way to link up the remote central locking.

I am facing the problem to change the postive pulse of my alarm to the negetive one

I have been told that 2 relays can do the job but i have no idea how this work.

Just wondering anyone can help

many thanks

William

its really easy,

use the positive pulse to actuate a relay. then use the relay output to make a connection to ground.

Attachments

• relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 219
Hi there, its been a while before i try the central locking and i am stuck on somthing. I manager to get the negetive pulse off my alarm system but i try to connect to the pulse cable of the central locking control box but there are nothing happen. which wire should i connect to the negetive pulse to?

you mention that i need to cut some wires off, which wire i need to cut off.

Many thanks

William

when i fitted my central locking to my alarm. the alarm had a dedicated wire for it and so did the central locking which i jsut hooked up. you got a wiring diagram for the alarm?

Hi there, its been a while before i try the central locking and i am stuck on somthing. I manager to get the negetive pulse off my alarm system but i try to connect to the pulse cable of the central locking control box but there are nothing happen. which wire should i connect to the negetive pulse to?

you mention that i need to cut some wires off, which wire i need to cut off.

Many thanks

William

the negative pulse will only cause the motors to lock. if the wire is connected to ground then the motors lock, if the wire is not connected to anything then they unlock.

the negative pulse will only cause the motors to lock. if the wire is connected to ground then the motors lock, if the wire is not connected to anything then they unlock.

I am a bit confused here.
Basiclly i got a alarm system can give out positive pulse or negative pulse ( when i press on both locking and unlocking)

I am connecting to a 1997 SR which have the same magical box so i believe it is the same system with your 1.3GX.

can you just guide me though what have you done to get it working please.
can you include the pulse of the alarm system you use and the step you have done and which wire (the color - i believe will be the same) you have connect to please.

Many many thanks

William

do you have two wires from the alarm? or does it just change one wire from a negative to a positive?

if you have one wire then you are going to have to use a diode to turn it into 2 wires and then use a relay to seperate the signal wire.

where abouts are you?

I have 2 wires, one for unlocking and one for locking both of them can either give out positive signal or negative signal. i am base in Hatfield, just outside north London.

i was manage to get 1/2 done another day. can either lock or unlock.
I cut one of the wire off on the right hand side of the box (the more cable one) The wire i cut off is when i test with the factory central locking it give out pulse. But when i cut it off i found out it gives out 2 ways pulse. then i connect one wire on each end. the wire not connect to the box work but when i press the other way round the fuse is blown.

basically what i need is to connect the two wires i got (the alarm one) to the right cable and i nearly test every cable on the magic box but it either blown the fuse or work 1/2 way.

If you know which wire to connect to please let me know.

many thanks

William

sure mate i know how to fix it but it would be easier for me to do it in person, will you be at the brighton meet on the 26th? i could put together some wiring and bring it over and just splice it in...

you need a relay thats all

I would love to come but unfortunately i need to work over the weekend and i hardly can get the weekend off. is it possible you talk me though it. i am really sorry. i really would come if i have time.

ok mate no probs.

you have two signal wires, one from each door. those are the thin red and yellow wires. now in the motors in the doors have a switch in them that switches when the motors change from locking to unlocking and back. this switch connects the signal wire to ground or breaks its contact with ground.

the aim is to simulate what the switch does, so to lock is easy because you give the wire a negative pulse and the doors lock. but to unlock you have to break the wire. so you need a switch in the wire that you can use to cut the wire temporarly until the motors have changed possition.

to do this you use a relay, one with a normally closed pin on it.

cut the signal wire, put the relay with the normally closed pins between the wire, use the positive pulse to open the relay, that will give you the unlock

Thanks mate, i will give it a try in few days time and if i still stuck, i will let you know.
many thanks.

one more thing, is the thin wire the one one the left hand side of the magic box? I mean the one got less wire. and is it the reading +12 for door lock and 0 when the door unlock?

many thanks

Sorry, just to double check. all i need is cut one wire right? also my alarm only give out either +12 pulse or -12 pulse. and on the diagram there are a +12v pulse and a -12v pulse. is that mean i have to convert it using a 4 pin relay?

in the picture the thin pulse wire that is in the car from the standard central locking unit that goes from the door to the magic box, is the one on the right, you cut it in half and attach one part of it to the "to door motor" and the other to the "to control box"

you only have to cut one signal wire.

you need to convert your alarm so that it has one positive pulse and one negative. or you can use two negatives but you have to get a constant 12v feed from the battery, which MUST have a fuse.

Back